Our Signature Coaching
Customized For You, Your Business, Your Life.
Coaching for CEOs, Business Owners, and Other Senior Leaders
Simply put, our coaching delivers results
in the strategically most important areas of a CEO, business owner, or other leader’s life. Our primary focus is the business and your role and success within it. Yet there are three interrelated domains in your life as a leader. Each area affects the other; so we consider them all when we serve you: Your Business, the Work you do (vs. the work you wish you could get to), and the rest of your Life.
Together with you, your Coach defines objectives, helps chart the course for how to get from here to there, and guides you to take the appropriate steps along the way to achieving and fulfilling them. For business owners and CEOs, this often includes:
- Get the right things on and off your plate to free you to do the work you wish you were doing (and the business needs YOU to do, or the work you love doing)
- Get the right team around you to do the work you give away so you can do the rest of the work of the business. And get the right things on and off their plates.
- Get the most from your team and the people who work for them.
- We help you with the two, parallel tracks of business: long-term, goal-oriented, fire-prevention activities and short-term, situational, fire-fighting activities
- We provide you a structure of ongoing support as you implement the coaching work to achieve your objectives
Coaching One Member of a Team
Coaching One Member of a Senior Team
- We ask for a three-month initial commitment so as to ensure follow-through across time and tangible long-term impact. (At times the initial commitment is longer.) Real results and not just “progress” appear within the first three months. The coaching retainer automatically renews for three-month periods until you or your Coach declare that it is time to conclude your work together.
- Typically one-hour every other week by phone (this rhythm usually works best for business owners, given their many other responsibilities and given that implementing the coaching can take time). If one-hour each week works better for your rhythm we do so at no additional charge. When we can meet in person, we are happy to do so. Includes reasonable levels of additional conversation, correspondence, and document review/preparation/revision between coaching meetings.
- You take on assignments designed by you or your Coach that contribute to the fulfillment of your objectives. You only take on what you agree to take on. Your Coach supports you in being accountable to your agreements, and therefore helps you achieve your objectives.
- Optional: We can include various personality and work style assessment tools in the coaching program.
Coaching Two or More Members of a Team
Coaching Two or More Members of a Senior Team
Rule of thumb:
Coaching two members of a team usually yields three times the value due to synergies. Coaching multiple members of a team also yields extra value from synergies.
- The program is the same as for One Member of a Team, with the following additions:
- When we coach more than one member of a team, especially business partners, we usually will add a joint meeting on a periodic basis (monthly or quarterly) to compare notes, coordinate, communicate, etc.
- When appropriate, we can match different coaches to different members of the team.
Compensation is by retainer. We do not sell time (dollars per hour). We sell value across time. Additional compensation may apply when coaching service level exceeds retainer. We never charge you additional amounts that you have not already approved. Testing instruments are at a nominal additional charge.
Every leader is different. Every business is different.
The work we do is customized and personalized to each client’s unique goals, values, business and life. When we know what’s going on in your world we can give you a highly relevant description of how we would help you achieve your goals. Start with the info in this website and then make it come alive for you through a brief conversation.
Coaching for Managers:
Management Coaching is usually conducted using a more goal oriented approach than CEO Coaching and coaching for other senior leaders. CEO Coaching is both process driven (there always are strategically important matters to attend to) and goal oriented (what do we want to achieve each period). Management Coaching usually is:
- For one to two three-month periods, geared to achieving certain professional development and performance objectives.
- Accompanied with one or more personality and work style assessment tools that bring insight to the coaching client, the coach, and the client’s supervisor.
Includes debriefing with the client’s supervisor (while maintaining client confidentiality).